[Yum] Yum "article"

First - thank you _all_ for your work on yum. Count me as another convert.

Second - a question related to:

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_article/yum_article/node17.html

Which says in part:

 >> Warning! If the repository is a locally mounted filesystem, remember
 >> to include the leading path slash for the URL, as in
 >>
 >> baseurl=file:///path/to/repository
 >>
 >> Forgetting to do this is a fairly common cause of initial failure.

Acknowledging that you must be right about that...

I've done it wrong and yum still seems to be working correctly. ??

My FC1 client's yum.conf has this:

[base]
name=Fedora Core 1 - Base
baseurl=file:/mnt/net/rocketj/install-disks/FedoraCore/FC1

It's an NFS mount (in fstab) of a lan directory with the RPMs from the
FC1 CDs.

I know how that yum.conf entry was created. I did a copy/paste from the
location in konqueror.

I wouldn't bother about it, except that /var/cache/yum/base/headers on
that client seems to have the proper list of headers for RC1 base.
Shouldn't I expect that directory to be empty if baseurl= was wrong?
And, it's updated and installed several times without trouble.

If it will help, that FC1 box is strictly for testing and I'd be happy
help if I can.

best,

Cliff Kent