[Yum] Future feature request...

Michael Stenner wrote:

>I never said "need".  In fact, I said quite explicitly that there were
>many ways to do it.  Including...
>
>Quoting myself:
>
>   "Define the functions wherever you want, including 'plugins' if you
>   like."

My apologies, I missed that.

>Perhaps you should read again the text you quoted.  I write "GIVEN A
>LONG LIST" (in caps, I might add), and you immediately say "you don't
>have a long list".

Removing the list is a perfectly valid way of addressing the situation
of having a long list :-)

It's a mute point anyway given that:

>The limiting issue is human interface and
>Seth's (laudable) desire to keep it clean and simple.

.. which I can agree with. Anything more than the if block is only
useful if the CLI options become numerous enough to justify it.

Basically I agree with you on almost every point :-) I'd probably move
to the dynamic loading model (it's only about 50 lines) sooner rather
than most but that's just me. The catch is that I think it means pulling
in 800 odd lines of the inspect module to do it properly (or is there
another way that means you're not exec-ing user supplied strings without
validating their targets?).

I didn't mean to offend, I think finding out that the answerfile based
non-interactive install option for maple9 doesn't work on linux annoyed
me a bit this morning.