[Yum] Re: work dublication

David Farning wrote:

>>>Do you have any tentative dates on this release of information?  I've
>>>got the front end of my yum gui 90% done.
>>>

>>Wow! Can we see something from it? I mean screenshots or may be
>>partitaly working code?
>>

>It is nearly a direct port of synaptic 0.45 to python.  In fact, It uses
>the exact same *.glades,  Why reinvent the wheel?

Heh. I don't think what it's good idea cause synaptic UI is terrible :)
But it's only my IMHO of cause.
If we want to stick to hard and fast KISS rules then synaptic UI not
'right way'.
In any other case you right :)

>  Current I am working
>on the the pygtk treeViews and treeModels.

Oh! It's my lovely part of pygtk. Try to check PyGTK FAQ section about it
if you don't already!

>I originally started with the intention of wrapping the existing gtk
>code for these views and models in in pygtk wrappers.  But they have
>several ATP dependencies that I would like to get away from.  So, I am
>rewriting them from scratch.  That rewrite to a large extent that depend
>on Seth's new work.

You make me smile :) Please show you code! I'm sure what you miss something!

>If anyone is interested, I can post the existing (often not buildable)
>source somewhere.

YES! I interested at least!

IRC: irc.freenode.net #asplinux                Grigory Bakunov
ICQ: 51369901                        ASPLinux Development Team
Life would be so much easier if
                        we could just look at the source code.