[Yum] package list builder...

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> ok, let me make sure I understand what you want to do here:
>
> you want to have a program, look at your system, determine what groups
> you have installed and what additional packages you have installed and
> dump you the kickstart-like output for that? Is that correct?
>
> if so - look in yumcomps.py and see what mechanisms I'm using in there
> to generate the 'installed groups' list.
>
> then remove the if statement that excludes groups that are marked as
> uservisible = false - then that will show you things like Base and Core
> that are hidden but, by default, installed groups, via kickstart.
>
> You hardly even need yum to do this. You should only need comps.py (from
> rhpl), yumcomps.py and a short script that reads your rpmdb and dumps
> the package names.

...and, of course, a knowledge of python.  Which <sigh> I suppose I'll
start to accumulate over the next week or so...

    rg-pl1-apl-fortran-c-c++-pascal-maple-sh-csh-perl-awk-tcl-expect-php-
      mathematica-assembler(s)-misc-and-now-python-goddamnit-b

(all languages I've written at least one program in...)

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx