[Yum] Re: Upgrade rpm to the latest version.

On 29 May 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> so when you see:
> find updated packages its really just computing the header.info files
> from the repositories to the local rpmdb  to see what's what - so at
> some level that step REALLY needs to happen to make sure we know what's
> what - even for an erasure. The updated package is just a calculation to
> see what's what on the system. Is it taking an overly long time? It
> shouldn't take very long.

Nah, I just get into a mode where I think gee if it didn't look for
updated packages when deleting I would save 5 seconds. Especially since
the majority of my machines have local nfs access to the repositories.
Obviously it is a little longer for the remote machines on 128kb
isdn lines. ;)

> and the downloading needed headers needs to happen if for no other
> reason than to make sure you have anything you will need for dependency
> resolution.

Cool!! Thanks again. I have had enough fun tonight. Time to find the bed.

--
......Tom		CLUELESSNESS: There Are No Stupid Questions, But
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	There Are LOTS of Inquisitive Idiots. :-)