[Yum] near death upgrade

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, before you let yum do the upgrade, did you check =
and=20
> make sure your rpm database was reasonable?

No.  Why would I?  I don't even know how to do that.

> The rpm package for RH9, has been known to just forget about large
> chuncks of it's rpm datase.  I had my database corrupted once, and tried

I haven't heard that before.  I've been using 9 for a couple of months now=
=20
and its been working just gine...

> Anyway, as an end user, I find that yum actually does a reasonable job
> of checking for disk space, and it DOES tell you what it's going to to
> before it does it.  You have to say 'yes'.

I had no indications before starting the update that there were any=20
problems; I probably wouldn't have proceeded if there had been.  I just=20
saw a steady stream of errors about being out of disk space when writing=20
to the Packages db in the midst of installing the packages.

Could someone fix the reply-to munging on the list?

--
      Brian Lalor                 |    http://introducingthelalors.org/
  blalor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (email)  |  blalor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (jabber)