[Yum] request clarification

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 12:31, garrick wrote:
> This looks like the bug I was hitting when yum wanted to install rpms
> from another arch.  This was fixed in CVS.

That output looks more like a he has/had a 7.3 machine and accidentally
pointed it at 8.0 repositories.

forcing a partial and painful update attempt

ESPECIALLY the perl vs perl_NDBM_File output.

perl in 8.0 integrated and obsoleted perl_NDBM_File

But if he pointed his system at an 8.0 repo and did yum update then
obsoletes are not consulted (only consulted in yum upgrade) and it would
throw a hissy fit. Additionally the rpm statements there reek of a 7.X
to 8.0 upgrade, possibly 9.

-sv