[Yum] possible additions

This is not a feature request.  This is a feature OFFER.  That's
right, I'm offering to contribute features.  However, I don't want to
dump time into things that no one will use.  Some of you may remember
me from my file:/// and keepalive fame.  Being familiar with (and
interested in) that kind of stuff, that's where I'm interested in
playing.

Here is a list of things I've thought about adding.  I would like to
hear how much people would like them.  Feel free to reply off-list
with simple "I would use 1 and 3" replies, but please keep discussion
on-list.

1) backport of file:/// support to 1.x
2) rsync: support (2.x)
3) bandwidth throttling of downloads (all versions)
4) support for download progress callbacks (all versions). *

*  Note: I do not intend to write any such callbacks, but only provide
   an api and a place to pass them in.  This is mostly for people who
   may some day write a gui, although I would write the code in a
   ui-agnostic way.

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx