[Yum] [yum 1.8 20030307] Infinite Loop bug; epoch bug; testsuite

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 02:36, Axel Thimm wrote:
> I have found some more bugs im yum-arch and yum and created a small testsuite
> which demonstrates them. Maybe you want to create a regression test suite
> based on that?
>
> The testsuite is attached. Simply unpack and run make. It will stop at the
> first bug below.
>
> Here come the bugs reports:
>
> o yum-arch: If there are packages with different epochs in the repository
>   yum-arch bails out with:

I found out why this was happening in the 4.2 branch and not the other.
The items aren't being forced into being strings. - I have to assert
their type.

> This also happens when a package has an epoch and another has '(none)'.

I think it means None (a python special value)

> o yum: Infinite 'restarting dependency loop':
>   If a package has unresolved dependencies AND provides anything yum enters an
>   infinite loop:
>
> Restarting Dependency Loop

it does? I'll definitely need to see that one - I just did some more
work on the depresolve method to nevral so it might have been taken care
of already.

-sv