[Yum] Re: Kernel upgrade ?

On 18 Mar 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> there is not a way to do that currently.  a loooooooong time ago someone
> asked for a "newkerneldefault" option in the conf file and I think I
> just forgot about it.

Yea yea Me too!! :-)))

> You just reminded me.

That is a good thing!!

> the thing that makes the new kernel the default is handled in lilocfg.py
> and grubcfg.py - the grub one is bleeding obvious and simple to case
> around.
>
> i'll need to spelunk through the lilo one to figure out how to add the
> kernel but not make it a default.
>
> out of curiosity is there anyone out there still USING lilo?
>
> grubby is sooooooooooooo nice :)

I have long since upgraded to grub on all of my systems. I have not looked
but is lilo in phoebe?? It would make things a lot easier if Red Hat rm'd
lilo it from the distro. :-))

Thanks,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....