[Yum] gpg public keys

> Good issue, but the solution you seek is not here in yum.
> There is an infinite supply of indifference to sage advice,
> and ignorance to boot.

true enough. But it makes my docs for my internal users easier:

yum importkey http://install.linux.duke.edu/pub/ourkey
yum update foo

> > now all I need to find out is if I can specify only certain pubkeys to
> > be used during checking.
> >
> > That'd be terribly handy.
>
> I don't see the handiness of key scope restriction -- Why do
> you think so?  It sounds like another 'complexification' with
> no clear mandate.
>
> The discussion on key revocation is warming up over on the
> fedora-devel list as well, where I have been pushing yum.
> There is the 'paranoid' group, of which I am a member, and the
> 'we'll solve that later' group.

I can think of a situation where I'd want to only check with a single
key for certain packages but it's a moot point anyway. I can't do it
with what rpm 4.2 offers - I could check the finger print after the key
is checked, though.

Which is close.

so instead of just saying "is this rpm signed with a key that's in my
db?" I could say "is this rpm signed with a key matching THIS
fingerprint that's in my db?"

Which has certain advantages.
<shrug> Another potentially useful thing. But it might not be worth the
work to get it done right.

I'll be putting a daily out in a little bit with rpms.

It'll be for rpm 4.2 - all the features that were available yum 0.9.4
are ported to the rpm 4.2 and much work has gone into cleaning up
interfaces - still more to go but it's a substantial improvement. The
next thing I'm doing is checking in the comps work I've done so far and
integrate it.

-sv