[Yum] content-length error message confuses people

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:16:18PM -0400, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
> http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-June/008533.html
>
> I think it should be a little more helpful than "something is
> wrong." Plus, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think "Url Return no
> Content-Length" is quite English. :)

It won't be hard to change.  The main problem is that it's hard to
provide a more sensible answer.  The issue (as I recall) is that it's
hard to get sensible error messages in a protocol independent way.
This one exists to account for things like directory listings, php
scripts and other dynamically-generated stuff.

When I first started hacking on the urlgrab code, it struck me as very
hackish and ugly.  I ultimately, became convinced that it's really the
best you can do.  However, if you can come up with a message that is
more helpful, that would be great.

perhaps something like "this isn't the url you're looking for *waves
hand*"

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx