[Yum] Recommended yum repository for Mandrake 9.1?

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 04:47:16PM +0100, John Moore alleged:
> Now I appear to have yum working OK, albeit with a 0.9.4 version (for now),
> I'd liek to set things up so that I have the right repository. All the
> listed ones are for Red Hat. What should I use for Mandrake 9.1?

The only Mandrake repo I know of is here:
http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/yum-repository/mandrake/

Here's a sample yum.conf that you can start with here:
http://speculation.org/garrick/yum.conf

Here's an SRPM of the latest yum for Mandrake (the conf in the rpm is
for mdk 8.2, so use the conf in the link above):
ftp://polop.usc.edu/pub/srpms/yum-1.0.1-4gs.src.rpm

With access to both yum and urpmi, we have it good on Mandrake :)

The primary difference, from a user's perspective, is that yum updates
it's local headers everytime it runs.  The urpmi headers must be updated
manually with 'urpmi.update'.  Very generally speaking, if you are doing
one operation, yum is faster; if you are doing several operations, it's
nice to update *once* with urpmi.

'yum list' is slower than 'urpmq -y'
'yum info' doesn't exist in urpmi
yum has "install" and "upgrade" commands, urpmi doesn't differentiate
between the two (which is a behaviour I prefer).