[Yum] About usage of comps

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 07:12, Grigory Bakunov wrote:
> Hello all.
> I look at groupinstall/grouplist features and want to try.
> How can i build my own comps file?
> Sure, i can write xml file with my lovely emacs but may be
> you have some automated scripts?

The file format is the same as the comps.xml in red hat linux 8.0 and 9

info on the format is here:
http://people.redhat.com/katzj/anaconda/comps.html

The only part of the file you need to be concerned with is the <group>
parts - you can leave out the package dependency lists entirely.

Read the top of yumcomps.py for a description of how groups are dealt
with.

I need to pull out that description into a doc file I just haven't yet.

Put the xml file named as yumgroups.xml in the baseurl directory and yum
will grab it if a group function is requested.

The file is optional on any given repository. If you request a group
function and you have 3 repositories to list through, provided that you
have at least one yumgroups.xml file on one of the repositories the
group function will succeed.

hope that helps
-sv