[Yum] yum-suck available

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 17:02, seth vidal wrote:
> epoch is another version-related string that rpm has setup for trumping
> ver-rel.
>
> the idea is that ver-rel might not always be newer even though you want
> this other ver to be considered newer. So you use epoch.
>
> it's not a yum-ism - it's an rpm-ism.

Ahh, ok. I thought it was yumish as 1) rpm seems to hide this, as it
doesn't show up in -qi listings or files names 2) it's parsed separately
in header.info... but if it's not in the file name, I guess you'd have
to do that.

I guess you parse it separately (and encode it back into the .hdr
filename) in case they have two rpms with identical version but
different epochs? Must be confusing for users who think two files are
the same (as they have the same name) but differ by epoch. Oh well.

I guess I'll have to fix my yum-sucker to not clobber the epochs in
addition to the other things you've suggested.

--
// Aleksander.Demko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ademko@xxxxxx scopira.org //