[Yum] yum's awesome, ideas

On 30 Jul 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> > Idea: Should yum also use a /etc/yum.d/*.conf directory like structure
> > in addition to its current yum.conf file? Benefits:
> >  - RH seems to be doing this to a lot in their config files
> >  - applications/packagers may simply provide rpms representing their
> > repositories. eg: yum-yum, yum-freshrpms, yum-someapplication
> >  - this way, you could have repositories of repositories/mirror sites
>
> as michael mentioned - I like the idea of doing this - now - the trick
> is getting all the $vars to work in each of them and to get include= to
> work as has been requested - so if someone wants to spend some time JUST
> on the config file you could write up a class that could handle all
> these goodies w/o any trouble at all I bet :)

Am I correct that this would be in addition to not instead of the current
yum.conf file. IOW if I have a scheme for pulling a config file from a
webserver based on the url I feed to the webserver this will not break it
or will it?

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx