[Yum] HTTP/FTP Authentication

Hi folks,

I just tried using Yum (okay, it's the default package manager that the
Fedora crowd have available for RH 9.0.93 / SEVERN), but I ran into a
problem. I'd like to know if it's possible to use username/password
authentication with yum repositories. E.g. I tried using both

http://username:password@host/path/to/yum/

and

ftp://username:password@host/path/to/yum/

and both times yum spat the dummy and complained about a bad format. Is it
possible to set this up? If not, do you think it's likely to be put into
some future release?

Cheers, and thanks for your time.

Dan