[Yum] Hard Links problem

Hi List,

I am relatively new to yum. Just recently found it and i think its quite
useful to me.
I am creating a new repository with redhat packages and updates
freshrpms etc. Initial setup was ok with both apt and yum.

I have some problems though with yum. When i run it for the first time
it takes a long time.
When i am using hard links for the packages (because i need to sync the
updates), its giving "ignoring dupe pkg" error.

And also how do i compress the headers (-z does not compress it)

I am using yum 1.98 (downloaded from ayo.freshrpms.net) and Red Hat
Linux 8.0

Thanks for ur help

Murali Potla