[Yum] yum-arch question

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 13:02, Matthias Saou wrote:
> seth vidal wrote :
>
> > sure - you have more than one rpm that provides a certain pkgname for a
> > certain arch in your repository path. So yum-arch is looking at them to
> > see which one is newer and warning you about it to let you know you need
> > to clean out your cruft.
> >
> > This behavior will be changing in the future as yum-arch will be keeping
> > track of all versions of cruft you have available on a repository.
>
> ...which will be a nice feature, as it will allow managing kernel module
> packages for more than one installed kernel, not just the most recent
> available.

A nice guy named javier (who never includes his last name) sent me some
patches that I plan to read through very soon. I believe some of this
part is being addressed by his patches. (he's provided some really handy
patches in the past, too) Some semantics will have to change I think -
but not in horrible ways. I expect to be making a yum 2.0.1 todo list
shortly and a yum 2.1.0 lists too - 2.1.0 is where all the more-serious
breakage will occur - restructuring the versions is what I call
more-serious breakage.

-sv