[Yum] Re: yum] Yum updating...itself?

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Theresa Chen wrote:
>
> > Is it possible for yum to update itself (ie. do a `yum update` and
> > suddenly you went from yum-1.98 to yum-2.0...)?
>
> Yes
>
> Review: /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron for how it is done
>
> Note that some more yum files were recently marked as a config
> files to be preserved, at my request based on mailing list
> traffic (aside: blame me when you have to edit them; my
> shoulders are broad), and some tweaking of yum's settings and
> behaviour may be necessary after such an update.

Ok, that brings up another question or 3. Why is "yum update yum" done
seperately? Why not just "yum update" and just have a new rpm of yum in a local
repository? Does it really matter??

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx