[Yum] yumgoups.xml in all repos?

seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 12:57, nathan r. hruby wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>So in attempting to make yum groupinstall (and friends) work I
>>discovered that the each repo must have a yumgroups.xml file in order
>>for the group commands to work (else one ends up with an urlgrab.error
>>and a 'no such group exists' error).
>>
>>Is this designed this way or a bug?  If so, can I just touch an empty
>>yumgroups.xml file in my updates directories, or does it need to be a
>>valid xml file that describes nothing?
>>
>>Currently just copying the same yumgroups.xml into everything makes it
>>work, but I get a lot of 'Duplicate dependancies" warnings..
>>

> What version of yum? yum 1.98 didn't like it if the repos didn't have a
> yumgroups.xml 2.0 should throw a warning but happily continue. I tested
> that a lot. And the warning should be error level 2 only, I think.

Ok.. I have confirmed that 2.0  does throw a warning about not being
able to get a yumgroups.xml file in the updates repo but finds it in the
base repo and happily shows me a nice list of groups, which I belive is
as it should.  This is after a "yum clean all" and manually removing all
of the yumgroups.xml files from /var/yum/cache/*

So, it appears, that this is fixed in 2.0 and I must have just gotten
confused this morning.. Hey, it's Monday :)

Thanks!
-n
nathan hruby <nhruby@xxxxxxx>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free