[Yum] feature request: which channel are we installing from?

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:47:59AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> So my general opinion is that which channel/repo its coming from is less
> important than the list of pkgs itself. So I don't think we should group
> by channel.
>
> However,
>  we could list them like this:
>
> Name                                     Arch       Version
> Canna-devel                              i386       3.6-12
> 	[Repo Name field Here]
> ElectricFence                            i386       2.2.2-15
> 	[Repo Name Field Here]
>
> etc etc
>
> then it would be obvious, at a glance, what repo something is from but
> not sorting or distracting on that basis.

As I understand it, that would double the length of the list, right?

Interpret the following as brainstorming only: You could also put a
"key" on the line, and then print the mapping at the end.  You could
either do keys like A, B, C... or use the section name from yum.conf.
So, it would look something like this:

Name                                     Arch       Version     Repo
Canna-devel                              i386       3.6-12      duke
ElectricFence                            i386       2.2.2-15    freshrpms

duke        = Linux@DUKE 9 - i386
freshrpms   = freshrpms.net - RHL 9 - i386

I don't have a good feel for how tight on space the list is
horizontally, and that will certainly play in.

					-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx