[Yum] yum does not find an installed perl module

--=-IzFubN5QiSw6xduXQx9R

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 13:35, Ville Skytt=E4 wrote:
> > I fetched the spamassassin rpm for rh62 from Dag's apt repo and put it
> > into my yum repo.
> >=20
> Did you rebuild it?

Yes.

>   rpm -q --whatprovides "perl(Pod::Usage)"
>   rpm -q --whatprovides "perl(HTML::Parser)"
>=20
> Even if you have it, rpm's auto-dependencies are confused.

[rpmbuilder@belize i386]$ rpm -q --whatprovides "perl(Pod::Usage)"
no package provides perl(Pod::Usage)

> I don't remember if this is true for RH62, but for some 7.x versions
> changing /usr/lib/rpm/perl.(req|prov) (IIRC) to executable makes rpm's
> auto-dependency resolution work for perl modules.  After doing that, try
> rebuilding the affected module packages.

[rpmbuilder@belize i386]$ ls -lah /usr/lib/rpm/perl*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4.6k Mar 13  2001
/usr/lib/rpm/perl.prov
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5.4k Mar 13  2001
/usr/lib/rpm/perl.req

They are executable, right? What are those things anyway?

> If that doesn't work or if you don't care about the automagic
> dependencies, make sure that both perl.(req|prov) are *not* executable
> and rebuild the packages (or better: use "AutoReqProv: no" in the
> relevant specfiles), that should work.

I am really confused with these perl things. It seems modules are
installed under both directories:

/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/

The modules installed with cpan2rpm utility are installed in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/.=20

How does RPM decide where to look for the modules, does it use the above
mentioned .req and .prov scripts to find the installed modules or
something?=20

I will try the AutoReqProv: no method, but it would nice to get the
automagic working also...

--=20
Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen@xxxxxx>

--=-IzFubN5QiSw6xduXQx9R