[Yum] ouch - yum-interlock on the cron process needed

--=-xdcOJmF25QkM8S/xxfuv

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 09:51, R P Herrold wrote:
> or maybe a yum pid check at startup. ...
>=20
> I was out at a client with intermittent internet access -- I=20
> found this on one of the servers.

you see, the real fix to this is a good network connection ;)

> check-packages, and yum each are querying into the rpm=20
> database.  It is an almost certainty that there is a deadly=20
> embrace on the database here.
>=20

the querying shouldn't matter - its readonly.

updating will make things sticky.

Lockfile in the cron job seems like a good measure - though maybe a
pidfile written to a trusted location would be better - it doesn't get
written if you're not running as root (b/c clearly you would only be
able to perform queries and those shouldn't bother it)

another item on the todo list.

Today's more or less a snow day, though, so maybe I'll be able to work
on it this afternoon.

thanks

-sv

--=-xdcOJmF25QkM8S/xxfuv