[Yum] yum and multi architectures ???

--=-oO50pvPmxxFPc8rTAc2R

> =20
> > I would say yes based on what the athlon -> i386 say.
> >=20
> > And if that's true can I look through this list, grab things where the
> > line ends in noarch and call those the "base classes" - doing a quick
> > grep of the one on my system that gets me:=20
> <snip>
> > but then there is ppc and ppc64 which appear to not support noarch
> > packages. Is that an endian issue?
>=20
> I cannot answer authoritatively, but almost certainly this is=20
> a typographical omission.  A bugzilla may be in order to=20
> clarify this.
>=20

ah -ha.

found it.

ppc -> rs6000 -> noarch.

so all the groups are taken care of in some sense or another.

ok - then if I build from the noarch matches UP then that might be the
best way to make sure the list is consistent.

I'll work on this later tonight b/c, while it's not critical for most
people, it's mildly interesting.

Also There are 2-4 items I'd like to port back into yum 0.9.X and make
another release there.

thanks,

-sv

--=-oO50pvPmxxFPc8rTAc2R