[Yum] RPM Header Info..

> After trying to import mach-0-0.4.3-1.fr.i386.hdr, then doing
> zcat mach-0-0.4.3-1.fr.i386.hdr > mach.py, and also mach.pyc, I failed to

*boggle*

What made you think that zcatting a .hdr would produce python files??

> Now I tried to learn enough python by reading the source, but still haven't
> figured out how.  Sorry to be so slow.
>
> Please give me a clue as to how to do this.  I just want to write a very simple
> utility to show the contents of headers, so I can do
> showheader mach-0-0.4.3-1.fr.i386.hdr
> instead of
> sudo yum install mach

why not just do:
yum info mach

that outputs like:
Name   : yum
Arch   : noarch
Version: 2.0.4
Release: 1.duke.1
Size   : 351.79 kB
Group  : System Environment/Base
Repo   : Locally Installed
 Yum is a utility that can check for and automatically download and
install updated RPM packages. Dependencies are obtained and downloaded
automatically prompting the user as necessary.

-sv