[Yum] Repository Scoring Patch

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 04:24, Ryan Tomayko wrote:
> I went ahead and ran with some of the ideas that were being kicked
> around for repository scoring/prioritization [1,2] a while back. Patch
> for yum-2.0.1 is attached (works on the 2.0.x 20030828 daily as well). a
> "yum -d 4 ..." will show scoring comparisons.
>
> $ cd yum-2.0.1; patch -p1 < server-scoring.patch
>
> The implementation pretty much follows rules outlined a while back by
> seth, michael, and others:

Hey Ryan,
 Thanks for the patches. Right now I'm trying to not make massive
changes to 2.0.X. I'm going to push your patches up to 2.1 and try to
work on them more there. The other reason I don't want to patch them in
right away is b/c of how much planned change there is for the config
handling. I'd like to make sure I don't step in too many holes in the
config b/c the unfortunate part about configuration syntax is that
sometimes once you make a decision you're stuck with it for a good long
while.

So if it seems like I've not acted on your patches it's not b/c I'm
ignoring them it's b/c I'm trying to make sure they work and make sense
based around the other changes that will happen in 2.1

Thanks again,
-sv