[Yum] exactarch

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 03:52, Frank Costanza wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have exactarch=1 in /etc/yum.conf.
>
> Should this prevent yum from installing an i386 kernel
> update when the currently installed kernel is of i686
> architecture?  It doesn't appear to be preventing me
> from doing so.  The repository I am using currently
> only has an i386 kernel update.
>
> The man page indicates that yum will not install an
> i686 package to update an i386 package, but does the
> reverse also apply?  ie. will it install an i386
> package to update an i686 package?

I looked over the code on exactarch to make sure I am remembering
correctly:

if you set exactarch=1 in the config file then the only way the update
gets marked as existing is if both the pkg name and the pkg arch are
identical to what you have installed. Otherwise there is no update.

If you want to test this and see what's going on run:

yum -d 5 update

look for:
Inexact match in complex for kernel

that should tell you more about what is going on.

-sv