[Yum] complete install of system using yum?

I have this exact same problem on the project I'm currently working on,
except in our case its a /etc/sudoers file. There are about 160-180
machines that all have pretty much different versions.

Since I'm sure it'll turn out to be more than just this one file
(actually, its 2-3 already), I ended up writing a service that runs
periodically on all these machines that makes secure (https) requests
back to a central server (you can use a cacert to verify you are talking
to your server) for a list of updated configuration files, then
downloads and installs them. The server generates a custom XML file for
each node with information about the updates for that particular node,
including where to download the file, what permissions/ownership it
should have, and what commands to run pre/post install. I have one RPM
that I can install on all these machines to keep their config files up
to date.

There is a good chance this software will be released under some open
source liscense, so if your interested, I can keep you up to date.

Aaron