[Yum] yum-arch vs. "ignoring older pkg:"

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 13:28, Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] wrote:
> Hi Seth,
>
> Would it be possible to have a future release of yum-arch implement a
> feature whereby one can tell it to delete the older package?  Instead
> of reporting "ignoring older pkg:", maybe it could report, "deleting
> older pkg:"...?

Well general repository maintenance is something I've been considering.
We do it with another tool that kinda lives outside of yum.

What I've found is safer is to mv the older rpms to a "trash folder" of
some type.

removing data makes me cringe a lot :)

but I might be willing to move it to /tmp

I'd like to encourage folks to login to:

https://devel.linux.duke.edu/bugzilla/

and file rfe's.

thanks
-sv