[Yum] deploying and maintaining linux networks howto

Sounds nice.

I need to deal with RH Linux (and this may end up extending itself to =
the desktop) and Solaris.  I wanted to implement NIS a year ago, but was =
ushered in the direction of NIS+.  Ran into problems with NIS+ where the =
Linux client, on changing the password, would somehow corrupt the =
credentials.  Not to mention that trying to administer MIS+ is a PITA.  =
Not to mention that Sun themselves don't use it.  Not to mention that =
Sun themselves are (or were, a year ago) working on implementing the Sun =
One environment within their own offices, which means LDAP.

But we've been able to put a few other items referenced on =
infrastructures.org in place.  There's definitely still room for =
improvement.

jc

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx