[Yum] Exception thrown when server not found

Michael Stenner wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:15:25PM -0400, Joseph Tate wrote:
>

>>A nice error message would be better.
>>

>Agreed.  We add 'em as we find 'em :)
>

>>This is when no http connection can be made to the server, or a
>>network connection isn't available.  I was using the 1.96 RPM.
>>

>I think I know what you mean, but I want to be sure:
>
>"no http connection can be made to the server" means it's a bad url or
>the server is down or something.
>
>"a network connection isn't available" means the box you're running on
>isn't connected to the net?  (this one I'm not sure of)  From the
>perspective of yum, these two would be the same, so that makes sense.

Yeah.

#service network stop
#yum list updates
insert dump here.

#echo "0.0.0.0   mirror.dulug.duke.edu" >> /etc/hosts
#yum list updates
insert dump here.

Seems to be the same dump either way.  I'm doing this from memory
though, so I could be mistaken.  It should be easy to test though.