[Yum] yum update error

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 21:18, Darryl Caldwell wrote:
> Package: yum-1.0-fr1
> Red Hat 8:
>
> THought I would try yum. I like it so far. The main reason I wanted to
> try it is so I could use my laptop to update a machine which doesn't
> have broadband access to the net. I setup my laptop and the other box
> with yum and then tested it by updating galeon with:
>
> yum update galeon
>
> This worked fine. Then I decided to go all the way:
>
> [root@skrewt darrylc]# yum update
> Gathering package information from servers
> Getting headers from: Red Hat Linux 8.0 rpms
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 44, in ?
>       yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
>         File "yummain.py", line 202, in main
> 	  File "nevral.py", line 263, in resolvedeps
> 	    File "archwork.py", line 63, in bestarch
> 	    IndexError: list index out of range

Hi,
 This is a bug. It's a known bug. It's fixed in cvs  - I'll have a new
version up soon that corrects this then you don't have to worry about it
- there is a patch available for this problem in the mailing list
archives - if you want to apply it go for it.

the fedora.us people have already applied it to their yum 1.95 rpm - you
can grab that from here:

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/yum/stable/RPMS/yum-1.95-0.fdr.3.noarch.rpm

1.96 should be out before very long, though.

-sv