[Yum] Problem installing multiple rpms

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Tom Hines wrote:

> --- Konstantin Riabitsev <icon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Moreover, this is consistent with the way rpm proper
> > handles it:
> > "rpm -U foo.rpm bar.rpm" will fail if either foo or
> > bar are the latest version.
>
> That is the most compelling reason to leave it as is.

What about rpm -F foo.rpm bar.rpm. If you do that and one
or both packages are up to date rpm ignores the up to date pkg(s)
and moves on. IMO this is correct behaviour. IOW you can have either behaviour
you desire. I think this is how things should be. User selectable. At this
point we can argue this until he#$ freezes over. I think we will have to agree
to disagree. :-)

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....