[Yum] Re: Problem installing multiple rpms

> I think installed or updated are 2 seperate issues. If I say install
> pkg 1, 2, 3 and only 2 and 3 are installed there should be some king of warning
> or optionally have yum stop and complain. If however you are upgrading and
> one of the packages is already up to date I do not see the harm in continuing
> to update the other packages without much if any fanfare. I see it as kinda
> like doing rpm -Fvh pkg1 pkg2 pkg3. Using this command line rpm will only update
> that which has updated packages. If the admin screwed up and did not include
> all of the updates in the repository than that is on him/her. All of this
> assumes that deps are satisfied. If there are deps problems then things should
> barf.
>
> Does this make sense or am I missing something??

I think it may well make sense on update. And I think I had a better
reason for not continuing on update but I can't remember it now.
Maybe I'll look back through the list archives and see  if we talked
about it. I coulda sworn there was a reason.

> Am I to understand that options to the function != options to yum?? I do not
> have any problem with the above being an option.

the function has an option to ignore the error and just warn - yum (the
cli) does not have that option.

> As long as I can configure it myself I am a happy camper. :-)

<nod>

-sv