[Yum] how can create repositories

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 04:34, Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> we try to use yum and create our own repositories. but where to puit
> them? in your example repositories you put the headers in the middle of
> the mirror sites. but this is not a perfect solution since the daily
> mirror (rsync) will delete the headers dir and after the rep. generator
> have to regenerate the whole directory. so what we can do?
> yours.

Here's how I do it here.

we have two paths:
/pub/redhat/linux/$distrover - this is where the main mirror is

/pub/yum-repository/redhat/$distrover - this is where the yum repos are

I make a directory for each of the versions of rhl I want to setup up
repos for then I symlink the RedHat dir into that directory.
Then run "yum-arch -l ." from w/i that dir.

so I'm making the headers in a different dir via symlink so the mirror
updates don't blow it up.

Does that make sense?

-sv