[Yum] yum 0.8.6 testing

--=-ua8JK+oAP0+uBzXmpcSM

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 15:06, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Here's to the fastest coder at Duke :)
>=20
> Anyway, I finolly tested the debug levels.  I think it's almost right, an=
d my=20
> suggestions here are totally up for debate.  (Because at the moment, the =
cron=20
> jobs do what I want)
>=20
> When you do an install or update, and something get's installed or update=
d,=20
> then it works correctly, both the d 0, and the d 1 levels.  It also works=
=20
> correctly if you are doing an update, but don't give it any name.
>=20
> But, when you do an install or update, giving it a package name, then it =
gives=20
> back a reply for both -d 0 and -d 1 levels.  In my opinion, the -d 0 debu=
g=20
> level shouldn't give back any reply for this, because this isn't really a=
=20
> fatal error.
>=20
> # yum -d 0 -y install nedit
> # yum -d 0 -y install nedit
> nedit is installed and is the latest version.
> # rpm -e nedit
> # yum -d 1 -y install nedit
> Installed:  nedit-i386
> # yum -d 1 -y install nedit
> nedit is installed and is the latest version.
> #
> # yum -d 1 update
> # yum -d 1 update nedit
> nedit is installed and the latest version.
> # yum -d 0 update
> # yum -d 0 update nedit
> nedit is installed and the latest version.
> #

So something that allowed a gradation of error conditions?
If you grep for errorlog in the source code you can see all the the
things that generate error conditions (sent to stderr)

I was having trouble judging which ones should result in an error
statement.

it wouldn't be hard to add a -e # option - to do the same as debuglevel.

A little explanation - I had used Michael's logging class so there were
2 types of output - stdout and stderr.

errors go to stderr, notices,informational messages to stdout. Obvious.
I have all errors with the same error level. I don't think I want
debuglevel and errorlevel linked. I like the flexibility of knowing
anything that is an error but I don't want to see informational
messages.

so would a -e # work well enough for you?

-sv

--=-ua8JK+oAP0+uBzXmpcSM

--=-ua8JK+oAP0+uBzXmpcSM--