[Yum] new daily release and other info

--=-9xfXfTFgFwcEu9bMQ5pm

Hey folks,
 new daily release this fixes a specific problem with the updated list
calculations :)

specifically this - if a package changed the architecture from one
version to the next the new version of the package would not be caught
as an update.

Its been caught and, I think, fixed now:

http://www.dulug.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-20020708.tar.gz

oh an additional point - I tested yum on red hat's new beta release. It
will require a couple of one or two line fixes to make it import the
rpm404 module as rpm - but nothing major - so it should work for the
next release of Red Hat Linux. When things shift to rpm 4.1 entirely it
will require a bunch of work to get it straightened out.

Also I've been dragging my feet on the package groups but I have a good
reason. I'm planning on stealing^H^H^H^H^Husing the code that the good
people at Red Hat have planned to put into their anaconda release for
the next release. Its an xml-based comps file format and it looks much
more better than the current format.

thanks
-sv

--=20