[Yum] Re: Yum and kernel upgrades?

On 22 Dec 2002, seth vidal wrote:

> > Agreed!! I have 2 of them that do this. I might have more but I only
> > have 2 of them setup to build rpms on.
> >
> > > this doesn't happen with any of the other pkgs you try to install?
> >
> > No it does not. In fact I just did this with a couple of rpms tonight.
> >

> Jeff Johnson mentioned something to me offlist - he said segfaults in
> rpm are either a corrupt pkg hdr or a corrupt rpmdb.

Ok, but then how to fix?? I have done rpm --rebuilddb on both machines
exhibiting this behaviour. I thought rebuilddb was supposed to fix
database corruption. Besides does the db even get used for unpacking
an srpm??

> might be worth trying an rpm -ivh on a new machine.

More weirdness. I fired up my test machine (8.0) and tried the Uvh and it
works. Now I am really confused. maybe it is time to give up. Problem
is I know this will bite me when I need it to work most. Maybe time to
ask on the rpm list.

Oh well, Thanks for the help,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....