[Yum] Excludes per-repository?

Hi Seth and all,

I'm deploying yum for some of our clients, as an easy means to handle
Red Hat updates and 7.3 release packages while simultaneously keeping up
with our updates.  The three are kept in separate repositories (yay
yum!), and things work well, except when packages overlap (uh oh...).
We have no sure way of guaranteeing our custom packages are 'newer' than
Red Hat versions short of using the abomination that is the version
epoch.  Excludes as currently implemented would prevent our own updates
from being installed, defeating the purpose.

A per-repository excludes directive would fix this for us, as would an
'always-prefer' directive that forces packages to come from the
preferred repository if versions are available in both.  Now that I'm
thinking of it, the option to always give preferential treatment to
packages from one or more specified repositories would be the better
choice (with version then breaking a tie between two preferred
repositories, if that isn't wishful thinking).

Is something to solve this problem already in there somewhere and I'm
not seeing it, or do I need to get my Python hat on and figure something
out myself?  (My Python hat is rather tiny, and doesn't fit very well,
so the latter option will take a while.  Hints for where to start would
be appreciated.  ;-)

Thanks for any pointers.
--
Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>