[Yum] RPM directory of links

--=-Wo1Dxn3l17jr0IsghpGy

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 14:51, Andrew Schretter wrote:
> Seth,
>    You mentioned that I could use a directory containing links to RPMS
> and run yum-arch on it to create the header info for that directory.
>=20
> However, when I tried it, I got :
>=20
> No rpms to look at. Exiting.
>=20
> The same yum-arch works fine on the directory actually containing all
> the RPMS.  I was just testing to see if I could create a subset of those
> RPMS in another directory via links.
>=20

whoops - misremembered:

from serverStuff.py getfilelist()

# get all the files matching the 3 letter extension that is ext in path,
recursively
# store them in append them to list
# return list
# ignore symlinks

yah - and I think I remember why - b/c the path might be outside of that
basedir - and the basedir is needed to reach the files if symlink
following is not supported in the http or ftp server.

a problem worth looking into a bit more. If you make them hardlinks what
happens?

-sv

--=-Wo1Dxn3l17jr0IsghpGy

--=-Wo1Dxn3l17jr0IsghpGy--