[Yum] Empty Repositories

--=-cYGRbF/gLFT23MDgGKwZ

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 13:28, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Howdy Ho,
> I reckon this is a situation that you hadn't thought of.  What if you hav=
e a=20
> repository, that is temporarily empty, or empty for one reason or another=
.  It=20
> seems like if you have an empty header.info file, things seem to fail=20
> 'unnicely'  You get a
>=20
> IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
> URL:=20
> ftp://yort.fnal.gov/linux/73rolling/i386/Fermi/workgroups/Farms/RPMS/head=
ers/header.info
>=20
does the file header.info exist at all?
try putting 1 character in it.

> which is the same error that you get when there isn't a repository at all=
.=20
> Granted, an empty repository is almost the same as no repository, but not=
 quite.
> Would it be possible, if there is an empty header.info file for it to say

Here is the trick - I check for the content-length to determine if I've
gotten something that isn't a 404 or no such file error - b/c
urlretrieve - well - sucks.

So a 0 length header.info won't be so happy.

if we were using python2 it might be better -but I'm not switching to
python2 until I've moved to rhl TNV - which won't be right away.

so for right now I'd suggest putting a REALLY old rpm that can't
possibly be installed in it - its a kludge but its a better kludge than
some of the alternatives.

my general rule is - an empty repo isn't a repo so....

-sv

--=-cYGRbF/gLFT23MDgGKwZ

--=-cYGRbF/gLFT23MDgGKwZ--