Re: GSoC Project Discussion (CentOS CI user front end)

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 11:48 PM Sarmistha Mishra
<sarmistha1999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 5:08 PM Arman <onlyjustin4u(a)gmail.com&gt; wrote:
> > Hi
> > Arman,
> > Welcome to the Fedora Project.
> > Glad to see your interest in CentOS CI Front end. I have documented
> > the explained requirement here[0], kindly go through it and feel free
> > to reach out to me in case you don't understand something.
> >
> > [0] https://hackmd.io/pOJ_TGQwTgC99IHGSbT02Q#
> > On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 5:08 PM Arman <onlyjustin4u(a)gmail.com&gt; wrote:
> > Hi
> > Arman,
> > Welcome to the Fedora Project.
> > Glad to see your interest in CentOS CI Front end. I have documented
> > the explained requirement here[0], kindly go through it and feel free
> > to reach out to me in case you don't understand something.
> >
> > [0] https://hackmd.io/pOJ_TGQwTgC99IHGSbT02Q#
> Hello.
> I am Sarmistha. I am interested on the same project "CentOS CI user front end". I came across this thread while checking out the topics discussed. I read and understood the document attached.
Welcome :)

> But I have some doubts to be cleared-
> 1. Under the deliverables section of "CentOS CI user front end" idea, 2 points are mentioned. They are-
>      => Engage in community discussion and do community research
>      => Build initial mockups and gather community feedback
> Are they referring to the CentOS community or the Fedora community? May I know the importance of the community research for the project. Is it only related to UI, or it has a wider scope, like what more type of problems user face?

Though Fedora and CentOS are under the same umbrella and both of them
work on a lot of things together, in case of a query or discussion,
#centos-devel will be the right place.
Of course, the aspect of community research is to the UI (in knowing
what's needed and what's preferred by the contributors) but more power
is to keep the community aware of things happening in the project.
> 2. What is OKD project creation? Can I have any links to understand it better?

This process is the later part of the Project which as a GSoC student,
you won't have deal with. This is mentioned to provide a better
understanding of the full process. We have automated project creation
using ansible with openshift (OKD -> now 3.9) which requires a yaml
file with required data(name, project name, members etc) which is the
deliverable of this project.
> 3. Should we build templates and submit them (for a demo) in our final proposal?
The more the merrier but definitely it's not required to do so.

Vipul Siddharth
Fedora | CentOS | Red Hat
vipul.dev