summer-coding on 389 ds

Hello everyone,
I'm Kumar Akshay and I'm highly interested to work with fedora community this summer. I'm a second year undergrad  and this is my first time in gsoc. For the record, I'm not elite programmer though I've done few projects to qualify as a developer.
I primarily use python for most of the projects. I've worked with flask to create webapps and have deployed it to Amazon Web Services and pythonanywhere (github link https://github.com/kakshay21/PythonAPP).
This project is not appropriate but I wrote it for fun, and accidentally it was selected as an event in our campus. I used php for backend and mysql for db and simple materialise front-end. I hosted this project on aws server so I had to configure everything like installing apache server and all those stuff(github link https://github.com/kakshay21/AAYAM).
I've done several other projects in machine learning too but those are not appropriate to mention.
I want to contribute to opensource partly because it very proud feeling that you code is serving thousands of users directly or indirectly and I want to be part of that community and partly because I've never worked with anything like ten thousand lines of code. So I'm excited about this.
I think this project, 389 ds, will be very exciting to work with such a giant community like fedora. I hope to get support from the community and I'll do the same.
On reading about the 389 ds and it's origin, one question just came out. Please pardon me if it's not appropriate. I learned that 389 ds is ideally a centralised database for storing information like users etc. I understand there are different purposes for this server too but what's wrong with storing all these information in mysql db? Or any of this kind of db?
Though I understand it has several security layer for protection but I think that's not a trouble to implement on mysql too.
I've one more trouble with installation fedora in UEFI mode on my laptop(Hp g3 250) though it's working fine in BIOS compatibility mode and I've installed it successfully but it's just a query has anyone installed it in UEFI mode?

Cheers
Akshay