Re: GSOC : want work with fedora this GSOC

Hi

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017, at 06:25 AM, Ibrahim Haleem khan wrote:

Hello

I am a 2nd-year B.Tech Computer Science student at Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi. I am also a very active member of CSI (Computer Society of India, Student Chapter) as well as ISTE (Indian Society for technical education, student chapter). I get to explore the various field of technical aspects even including the open source community, IOT devices and Programming languages.

I have had a strong exposure to various technical aspects even including the open source community, IOT devices and Programming languages.

I comfortable working with C, C++, Python, JAVA, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Django, Flask, Jupyter Raspberry Pi and Arduino.

On one of the side the projects, I have been trying to implement a controller for Quadcopter using a raspberry PI. My strong motivation in the area of system design and good programming skills motivated me to be a part of Fedora Team.

I went through the ideas page and am interested in following project “389 Directory Server: developing administrative tools “, “Fedora Atomic: Support for end-of-life notification” & “Migrate Plinth to Fedora Server” and would like to have a feedback from the community on how to can I proceed to make a strong student application.

In my opinion a strong application will show several things:
o The level of familiarity the student has gained with the project.  Do you understand it?  Why does it interest you? What is your theory on how to do it (in broad terms, not details)
o The level of familiarity with the technology the student has.  What qualifies you for the work?  What are your strengths (past work you've done that is similiar or classes you've taken)?  What are your deficits and how do you plan to overcome them?
o Are you organized?  Have you done the research directly and asked specific questions where you had them?  You may not have had questions and that is ok, but I like to see specific questions and not general ones.

regards,

bex

With Warm Regards

Ibrahim Haleem Khan