Re: [commops] GSoC 2017 org applications open ( sourcing interest and ideas)

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017, at 06:32 PM, Athos Ribeiro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do have a proposal for GSoC, should I just include it in the ideas
> page? It involves my masters degree research, which is in the static
> analysis field.

yes,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2017 yet.  Please
add it.

> I'd rather have someone from either the static analysis SIG or infra
> mentoring me on it, but I would not be opposed to mentor a student on it
> if I cannot find a mentor. I already sent an email to the guys in the
> Static Analysis SIG (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StaticAnalysis) this
> week.

If you are comfortable being the sole mentor, definitely get it added.
If you need help, try to line that up first, but you may want go ahead
and add it today.  We can remove it before applications get started in
March if it isn't going to work out.

regards,

bex