[GSoC] Channels for mentors and mentees

All,

I was  attempting to explain an idea on channels for the program and was
hoping to see if there is even interest (or enough to warrant the effort).

There is currently  #fedora-apps, #fedora-hubs, #fedora-commops,
#fedora-atomic, #fedora-summer-coding  and #fedora-gsocmentors,

However, I know some coders prefer to have a semi private  cross
collaboration means with fellow  participants ( away from the public eye
(those not in the summer coding program, and / or mentors). I was
thinking there could be a #fedora-gsocstudents or similar where only
those  with  proposals (later only those accepted) are  able to use as a
talk-around with only other students.

And sadly it looks like interest in the respective projects will be over
what we are awarded for slots :(, and I remember several students
indicating desire to work (or at least apply for several and take which
ever one they are deemed best for) the above proposal would leave a
space for those folks to still brainstorm but not necessarily be in a
active role OR talk with fellow mentees in their accepted project but
also have a  'break-out' channel  where only those involved are allowed
to be. Leaving  -summer-coding as a  community channel for those looking
to see what things are  like / about or  wishing to brainstorm or  ask
about  pull requests form a  purely  community sense.  We possibly could
even use -summer-coding  post  acceptance  period as a  #fedora-fedmsg
style  channel for near real-time  updates for the community or  those
looking to just take a 'glimpse'  or  catch up on what is  planned / did
happen at a meeting they may have missed or may miss.

Open to ideas, comments,  adjustments and /or  flat out  denials.

--
Corey W. Sheldon
Freelance IT Tutor

"Have no way as way, no limitation as limitation." -- Bruce lee
"One must never underestimate the power of boredom...from which creativity and laziness are borne, which can spark great works of chaos and genius."  -- Unknown

This document, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company(ies) named herewithin and contains confidential and/or legally privileged information, and may occasionally include Intellectual Property / Embargoed Content.
Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information may be unlawful and is prohibited, including unsolicited Cc/Bcc. If you are not the intended recipient, please disregard and destroy this message and notify the sender (only if you know the intended reciepient),  and a return email indicating a improper recipient IS requested so that I may remove you from any lists, conversations such error may have created / allowed.
Use of OpenGPG keys are highly encouraged || hkp://pgp.mit.edu & hkp://keys.fedoraproject.org