Re: Introduction

On 03/15/2016 04:17 PM, Gaurav Shukla wrote:
Thank you, Justin for the welcome.

I am a Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate currently in the
Third year at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology,
India. I'm very interested in working on Hubs project. Had it existed a
bit earlier, it could have made my initial experience with Open Source
mush less scary. The reason this project caught my eye is, I can relate
to this project. I am somewhere in between newbie and experienced open
source developer.

I've been into web development for last 5 years. Technologies I work on
and can be put to use in this project include Python Flask/Django,
Angular Js, HTML/CSS , Git. I also have some experience with in-memory
databases and rabbit mq.

I've been a moderately active contributor in Ubuntu, Apache and Mozilla.
But Mostly Apache. I was involved in Apache- Concerted project as a web
developer (The project is dormant now but website source code is still
on GitHub). I used Angular Js to build the website for concerted.

Apart from that, I was also Mentor for Ubuntu in Google Code in 2015.
All my open source work is available on github [1]
<https://github.com/deathping1994> . I also have a portfolio
<http://gauravshukla.xyz/>[2] and LinkedIn
<https://in.linkedin.com/in/gaurav-shukla-42ba1832> [3]  in case someone
is interested in knowing more about me.

Now Coming onto this particular project, I've been lurking around on IRC
for a couple of days now. And I've also seen the meetup videos for HUBS.
From what I could gather, I believe I can be of great help particularly
with widgets and other real-time stuff. I've a lot of experience with
flask and angular js.I could help with the client side templates as well
(Something I need to discuss with Nask). Ralph told me to contact Remy
regarding the proposal.

I've also explored the source code of hubs and the idealist. If there's
something else I can read to enhance my understanding of project then I
am open to it, just provide me the link and I'll dive into it ;)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone involved in the HUBS project.

[1] https://github.com/deathping1994
[2] http://gauravshukla.xyz <http://gauravshukla.xyz/>
[3] https://in.linkedin.com/in/gaurav-shukla-42ba1832
--
Regards !
Gaurav Shukla

Awesome Gaurav, it sounds like you have a good set of experience working in web development. Your talents and skills could definitely be of use for Hubs. :)

Remy will definitely be one of the best points of contact for Hubs and can probably speak more for the project than I can. However, in the meanwhile, you can definitely get started on the application process as explained in the Community Blog article.

https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-accepted-google-summer-of-code-gsoc-2016/

You should now begin to put together your application on the wiki in the format requested and then send it to this list once you have completed it. That will be the next step for you in the GSoC cycle. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory