Re: CommOps and Fedora Hubs

On 03/15/2016 03:41 AM, anubhamane@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello! This is Anubha Maneshwar, Computer Engineering Student in Nagpur University,India (3rd year).
I am keenly interested in working with your organization as you inspire and motivate people.I am women in tech and It's my 1st year for GSOC.

While going through your list of ideas, I found two projects for which I really want to contribute- 'Fedora Web App Development: CommOps & Fedora Hub'. I really liked these two ideas and I am eager to add my ideas to the project for making it better. I have prepared a complete proposal. The reason why I am so desperate for contributing is that I love writing contents and designing web apps.

A brief introduction of mine:
I'm part of  MOZILLA student ambassador program.
I'm going to attend 'Google's International Women's day Summit' on 19th of March @GOOGLE HYDERABAD .
I am working with  different organizations and also writing contents (icytales.com& beyond news).
As my mini project in college this year I have developed an App for helping Engineering Students. I am comfortable in working with Java, C/C++, Php, HTML5, CSS3,JavaScript,JQuery and Android Studio.

I want to discuss the details with you before submitting a proposal. And my sincere apologies as I am informing you so late. I hope you will still consider my application. I'm looking forward to your response.
Thanks.
Regards.
Anubha Maneshwar

Hi Anubha, welcome to the Fedora GSoC 2016 mailing list!

Sounds like you are following the instructions on the GSoC page for applying to Fedora so far. Awesome! You're on the right track so far for getting your application in.

I'm a mentor for CommOps, but not a GSoC administrator, so I'm not sure if it's possible for you to apply for two different things at once. However, if both projects seem very interesting to you, I would recommend going for the CommOps slot as there is likely to be some overlap with CommOps to Fedora Hubs, whereas Hubs would be a much more directed and focused project.

Applications are open from yesterday until next Friday (March 25) if I recall correctly. If you haven't already, check out this post on the Fedora Community Blog announcing GSoC 2016.

https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-accepted-google-summer-of-code-gsoc-2016/

There's a lot of links and info on that blog post too that you may find useful. If you haven't already, your next step should be to begin creating your application for GSoC 2016 on the wiki. Once you do this, you should send the link to your application back to this list.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions. Let me know if you have more questions! Looking forward to getting to know you!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory