Re: Waartaa project proposal submission

Hi,
Would like to clarify a bit more about my proposal.

[+] "A JSON API, meant to be used by other IRC clients, so that they
never lose a message even when they get disconnected." - there exist
standard methods by which communication protocols maintain active
presence. The XMPP protocol stack would provide adequate reference and
implementation detail. Are you planning to wrap a similar existing
piece within a JSON stream?

The API should be realtime, so yes I guess I will use a wrapper over the
XMPP protocols. Will have to dig into more detail about the exact
implementation.

[+] "Elastic search will be implemented, which will help developers
search through IRC logs for content easily, making their lives a lot
easier. " This is a statement which talks about implementation detail
without providing much rationale about the choice. What makes you
settle on Elastic Search and what impact does this have on a
deployment architecture of Waartaa?

While I was researching about elasticsearch, found that its suited to
the needs for waartaa, since it is has features for realtime searching,
can handle huge log files, and is scalable. Its looks well suited to
work on huge amounts of unstructured data.

Your proposal lays out the basic line of thoughts but does not
demonstrate much understanding of the current state of Waartaa or, the
future direction? Have you had the time to discuss with the developers
and validate your approach and choices?

I discussed my proposal with the mentors, but maybe my proposal
failed to lay much stress on the depths of implementation. I will update
my proposal accordingly with more detail.

Thanks.
--
Souradeep De
desouradeep.wordpress.com